This week I decided to do some sewing. My quilt still needs binding before it's finished so I thought I'd have a practice at binding a smaller project before working with it on a larger scale.
I had a rumage through my fabric stash and found these lovely fabrics
At first I wasn't sure what to do with them but thanks to my Twitter friend @MrsDG I had a project in mind.
I cut the farics into squares and strips for patchwork and this is how it looked sewn together
I added wadding, a backing, binding and a loop and now I have a pretty pot holder!
It's been ever so useful already so now I want to make a few more.
I wanted to make a new oven glove as my old one wasn't very pretty and didn't go with my kitchen. It was also quite shabby as has been used alot. I ended up making this
I wasn't very happy with the binding. I tried to make my own and as you can see it's not very neat! I spent ages unpicking it all and added some ready made binding. This is the result
As you can see from the before and after picture there is quite a difference. I've ordered myself some pretty bias binding, so looking forward to those coming next week!
I must show you my fabrics I had delivered this week. I decided to treat myself to a stash of household fabrics. I did not know what was in the pack so it was a complete surprise...
So all as I need to do now is decide what I'm going to make!